Monday 24 June 2013

Ben Lomond, Tasmania and the winter solstice.

map from http://www.brandtasmania.com/show.php?ACT=Public&menu_code=2000.500


Most of the people who have visited my Etsy shop live overseas or interstate. I think it is time I introduced you to the little island I've called home since1990. It's Tasmania. It is the southern most part of Australia. Tassie, as it is affectionately known, boasts a ski field. We've just had the winter solstice pass by and winter has definitely arrived. I went up to Ben Lomond National Park on Saturday, with my husband David. Legges Tor is the second highest mountain in Tasmania, standing at 1,572 metres and it is in the Ben Lomond NP. It takes about an hour to drive there from our home in Launceston. It's a ski field that doesn't get the snow it used to. The last 20 years have seen a definite hit or miss whether there will be a ski season or not. However, these pics show there is a snow base and July and August may deliver enough snow to enjoy skiing over a few weekends.




Getting the pommer lifts ready

Here comes another pommer

No comments:

Post a Comment